A perfect alternative to make a good, creamy dip without heavy cheese. Renee from Renee Naturally was inspired by her Ooooby box to create this delightful summer artichoke dip.
- 1 pre-roasted artichoke* (see directions below)
- 1 400g can of cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons of mint
- Black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the artichokes, beans, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, mint into a food processor
- Whiz together until just combined
- Drizzle in the olive oil until desired consistency
- Season with salt and pepper
- I serve this with my sesame almond crackers (in picture)
* To roast artichoke, simply preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Place artichokes stem-side down in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice. Slightly separate the artichoke leaves with your hands. Insert a knife blade into the center to create a garlic clove-size space and drizzle with olive oil.
Food fact Cannellini beans
These Italian beans are low fat, high in fiber and provide a high quality of magnesium, fiber, iron and folate. Good for the heart (they help to lower cholesterol), they stole my heart due to their creamy, buttery texture sans the bad stuff!
Enjoy your dip and let us know how it was!